I am not a vegan (or event a vegetarian), but try to keep a plant-based diet whenever possible. I used to be a huge fan of “Just Ranch” from Hampton Creek, but it is impossible to find now due to some internal issues at that company. For the past few months I have been working on a formula for the perfect substitute. Luckily, the same source from the Outback Honey Mustard recipe sent me their bulk ranch dressing recipe. I scaled this and combined it with a few other recipes until I came up with something that tastes better than any bottled ranch dressing that you will find at the supermarket.
- 1 cup vegan mayo. I usually use Hellmann’s or you can make your own from chickpeas.
- 3 Tablespoons of plant-based milk. You can use soy, almond, cashew, oat, or whatever. I actually just use water most of the time and it’s fine.
- 1 Tablespoon of dried parsley.
- 1½ teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Refrigerate at least two hours to allow the flavors to meld and the dried spices to hydrate.
Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to two weeks.